Moisture, pollutants, mold, odor and mildew buildups – these are the five critical things that can ruin up your indoor grow system. Therefore, it’s obvious that every grower, no matter how big he’s growing, hates these by heart.
So, what remedies do we have in hand? Well, it’s the best dehumidifier for grow tent and grow room that can be in rescue. Although the name misleads us with the information that these devices only dry the air up. But there are tons of models that can serve you with all these 5 solutions.
And to pick up some good dehumidifiers for grow room and tent, our research team had spent 34 hours last week.
Table of Contents
- Top 2 Best Overall Dehumidifiers
- Top 4 Best Dehumidifier for Grow Room
- Top 4 Best Dehumidifier for Grow Tent
- Best Grow Box Dehumidifier
- What is a Dehumidifier?
- Types of Grow Dehumidifier
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
- Bottom Line
Top 2 Best Overall Dehumidifiers
hOmeLabs HME020030N – Best Overall Dehumidifier
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22...
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are...
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be...
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS, ODOR & OTHER THINGS YOU HATE - Moist...
- IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in...
Let’s welcome the winner model of the list, the best grow room dehumidifier overall, the hOmeLabs HME020030N.
Remove moisture and Restore Freshness- that’s the tagline that hOmeLabs has got for this beautiful dehumidifier. It doesn’t only take the moisture away, but also keeps the air free of mold, mildew and irritating odors.
If you plan to cultivate up to 50 plants in any large grow room setup, the 30 pints/day version will single-handedly take over the task to keep it dry. All you have to do is put it in a way that captures the whole airflow of the room.
It has got a good dehumidification capacity doesn’t essentially require that it has to be super hard to control. In fact, all you have to do is to adjust the ideal moisture level. Once done, it will repeat itself for a cycle of 24 hours until the dehumidifier tank is fulfilled.
Wait, there is more to talk about the dehumidification control.
The hOmeLabs HME020030N sports a touch control panel where features like defrost, restart and turbo modes are embedded right in. Not overwhelming, but it can certainly be labeled as a super dehumidifier ahead of its time.
Worrying about the safety issues? Well, the tank is able to shut off itself once the water tank is full. In case you’re out of time to empty up the tank yourself, there is a drain hose outlet that will keep the draining process going. No additional timer, no constant monitoring. From many homelabs dehumidifier reviews, we’ve been over-certain about each of these safety concerns.
Isn’t it convenient for a busy grower?
One of the biggest eye-catching virtues of this model is, it’s compact design and beautiful aesthetics. The sleek clean look, compact footprint (15.2 x 10.2 x 19.7 inches only), and the soothing outfit- all are meant to be a show stopper. Therefore, you can use it as the dehumidifier for living room, bedroom and anywhere when it’s not being used in the grow room.
Talking about transporting it from grow room to anywhere else, there are built-in castor wheels and handles that make the task easy. The overall weight is about 30 pounds. So, no hardship there as well.
Worrying about the compatibility of dehumidifier pint size for your large-in-size grow system? Well, the version of hOmeLabs HME020030N that we’ve picked up is of 30 pints/24 hours dehumidification capacity. It has other models – 50 pints and 70 pints. The last two are the best dehumidifier for 3000 sq ft and best dehumidifier for 4500 sq ft consecutively.
However, this product isn’t completely autonomous. What we mean is, to keep things tip-top, you’ve to clean up the tank once in a couple of weeks. Also, the filter is required to clean once in a month. That being said, the cleaning frequency is still better than many of the typical models.
Summary line? hOmeLabs HME020030N is definitely one of the biggest bangs for bucks, and we’d happily recommend it to keep your grow room up for better yields.
- 30 pints/day capacity with 50-pint & 70-pint further models.
- Touch panel control with restart, auto shut off and turbo mode.
- Removes moisture, odor, mildew and mold from the air.
- Sleek and stylish dehumidification design with a minimal profile.
- Ensures continuous draining with the provided draining pipes.
- Able to cover up to 1500 square feet of area.
- The plastic base cannot be replaced.
Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier – Effortless Humidity Control
- 30 pints per day dehumidifier protects your home (like...
- Front, pull-out 7. 6-Pint tank with handle, splash guard,...
- Continuous operation possible when unit is located near a...
- Low temperature operation saves energy and money (41 degree)
- Ready-select electronic controls with digital humidity...
The runners up slot for the list was a close competition. But Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 earned it by every mean. Being released for around a couple of years, this dehumidifier had held a solid position of popularity among growers.
Therefore, we’ll go through a detailed Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 review to determine whether it’s a right fit for you or not-
The Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 runs on a household 115V environment, and the power it consumes is quite less than even many popular models. So, it can be your way to save up some energy bills.
The dehumidifying capacity of this model is 30 pints in a span of 24 hours, and that’s perfect for large grow tents and grow rooms. No matter its aeroponics, hydroponics or typical soil-based grow systems that should be more than sufficient. As long as it’s operating within its manual RH range of 35% to 85%, it’s the best kit you can even have for cooling and dehumidification.
Another good thing about this product is, it doesn’t just take the moisture away from your grow system, but also makes the air cleaner and purer. Its efficient dehumidification effect takes off the mold and mildew buildup in the moist air and gives it a fresh intake of pure air. In addition, it has got an antibacterial mesh filter to reduce the odor, bacteria and other airborne particles right away.
So, you can say it’s a 2-in-1 dehumidifier and air purifier.
You can’t always keep an eye on this model to check whether the water tank is full, right? So there is a tank alert system that induces auto shut off once the water tank is full.
To make sure that you can transport it easily from place to place, there are a number of features included. First of all, there is a 6 ft long power dehumidifier extension cord that gives you a range of moving space. In case you want to hand-carry, there is a top handle, a side handles and a caster wheel to move on. You can say, it’s one of the most portable models in the market.
The last factor to check is the price-quality ratio. Well, it’s definitely not the cheapest pick in the industry. But with so many features provided, you don’t expect it to be so, right? In a neutral point of view, it’s one of the best price-quality ratios that we’ve come across.
- Can take of 30 pints of moisture in a day.
- 115 operating voltage, rated by Energy Star.
- Protects mold, mildew, odor, bacteria buildup.
- Comes with an anti-bacterial air mesh.
- Integrated top and side handle along with casters.
- Got a manual RH range of 35% to 85%.
- Temperature sensible remote control.
- Works within the low temperature.
- 6 ft power cord to make it movable while running.
- The customer service is quite hectic process to go through.
Top 4 Best Dehumidifier for Grow Room
Finally, we’ve got a list of best grow room dehumidifiers for you, and here goes the list –
1. Vremi 30-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier...
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac...
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship...
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS, ODOR & OTHER NASTIES IN THE AIR- Our...
- "IMPORTANT INFO - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use...
If we focus our radar on the dehumidifiers that are only meant to be for grow rooms, then this model from Vremi is a the best dehumidifier for indoor growing. And we have got quite some evidence behind such claims.
We’ll break the specs of Vremi 30 pint energy star dehumidifier into bite-size chunks below –
First things first, it’s the dehumidifying and purifying job that it does. Well, you can say that it’s not just a dehumidifying device, but also an air purifier. Firstly, It can remove 4 gallons of moisture control at a 30-pint rate, and that would be more than sufficient for a grow room up to 1000 square feet. Secondly, it can eliminate moisture, odor and any other nasties from the air.
There is a turbo mode of this device that switches the fan speed from 129 CFM to 138 CFM. And guess what this boost can do? Well, let us answer on your behalf –
A rise in the CFM level of the device gives it a boost to make the air circulate faster. Therefore, the moisture, the odor, the unexpected micro-bacteria, mildew, dirt, allergens, dust, mold, etc. get terminated. All you will get is clean, humid air.
There are many users (growers) who are literally hateful of the job of air filter removal and cleaning when it’s about dehumidifiers. But this one from Maniac is a pretty fine exception. It’s easy to take on and off, and you have to do that once in a month only. If you use it less often, cleaning the filter once in a couple of months will also do.
Want to make multi-purpose use of it? Well, it will definitely let you do so. Even, to make your job of transporting it from one room to another, they’ve provided it with a wheel castor. The weight of this device is around 31 pounds, which is another plus point in terms of portability. All you have to do it is set it at a suitable position and set the timer up.
The summary line is, the Vremi 30-pint Dehumidifier is a nicely built, efficient, portable dehumidifier that can also do air purifying on your behalf. Overall, it’s a good investment for both the grow room and the home. And that’s what we’ve found users to say as well, at least the Vremi dehumidifier reviews are concerned.
- Easy to clean the filter.
- Quiet portable with the 31 pounds weight.
- Can remove the moisture of 4 gallons in a day.
- A perfect pick for large grow rooms and greenhouses.
- 24 hours of timing cycles.
- Removes odors, allergens, micro-particles dusts etc.
- Simple adjustments of the control.
- The price point might be a fact of debate for some growers.
2. Inofia GA2 Portable Dehumidifier
- 30 Pints Dehumidifier: With removal capacity of up to 30...
- Easy-to-use Dehumidifier: With a built-in humidistat, this...
- User-friendly Drainage Options: This small dehumidifier will...
- Auto-Defrost & Power-Outage-Restart for Hassle-free...
- Ideal Dehumidifier for Home Use: With the compact size and a...
Give it a round of applause for our next pick, the Inofia 30 pints dehumidifier. Before going into the details of its specs and features, let’s explain which size of grow rooms would be perfect for this device.
Firstly, it has got a dehumidifying capacity of 4 gallons in a day. Therefore, it can easily keep a grow room of 1056 square feet dry. In the rule book of indoor gardening, that’s what we call large grow rooms, and greenhouses. Therefore, the Inofia 30-Pint Dehumidifier is our best choice for a large grow room dehumidifier.
Moving forward, it’s the water tank and it’s drainage system. With this model from Inofia, you’ll have a 1.8L water tank and a drainage system that works on its own. Although, it’s not the largest in the game, but we think it’s good to go as the best 2 litre dehumidifier for grow systems.
One of the biggest selling points of this indoor grow dehumidifier is, it’s ease in control. We know that you’re not necessarily an electronics expert, and that’s what Inofia had kept in mind as well. Therefore, they’ve made it with an intelligent control panel, a time control system and a single-press switch on and off features.
Among all these aspects of the control, we’d love to focus on the time controllability for a moment. You see, a little deviation on the dehumidifying process can lead to disaster for your plants. To make sure that it doesn’t happen, there are 24 hours’ time settings which will cover both dark cycles and light cycles of the growing system. All you have to do is to put it on the right lighting schedule.
Apart from the grow room, you can use it on large living rooms, basements, bedrooms and any place which is within an area limit of 1056 square feet.
- Can take off 4 gallons of water in a day.
- Works best even at 90% RH situation.
- Intelligent control panel.
- Convenient design with a hidden, flat handle.
- Quite easy to control and operate.
- Single-press turn on and off.
- 24 hours of time settings.
- Perfect for grow rooms up to 1056 sq. ft.
- The water tank is expected to be larger.
3. TOSOT 30-Pint Energy Star, Portable Dehumidifier
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER: Our dehumidifier can remove up to...
- ENERGY STAR RATED: We don't have to all become tree-hugging...
- BASEMENT DEHUMIDIFIER: Create a more comfortable environment...
- QUIET OPERATION: You don't always see it, but that’s the...
- POWER OUTAGE RESTART: If you experience a power outage due...
The last pick of our list of best dehumidifiers for grow room is the TOSOT 30 Pint Dehumidifier. Although they have got three different versions of 30 pint, 50 pint, and 70 pint, we found the smallest one right for any grow room of medium size.
Let’s have our focus on the detailed features of this model-
As the spec says, it can remove 30 pint of moisture out of your room. So, it can be a right pick for a grow room up to 1000 Square Feet. In case you need to use it for multi-purpose, you can use it in the bathroom and other small rooms as well.
A good thing about this product is, you don’t have to collect its water by hand in every few hours. There is a gravity based dehumidifier drain hose connection, that empties the water up into the sump pump or the floor drain as well.
What we are most impressed with this dehumidifier is its dehumidifier efficiency. AS you can see, climate change and its bad impacts are quite talked about right now. You can make your contribution by picking up an energy-efficient model like this. Its energy star rated, and it’s better for the environment. Also, it might save up some good bucks of yours.
Worrying about the noise? Well, we know that your grow room is inside your house, and you don’t like to have humming noise coming over from it, all the time. To give you a hand, let this TOSOT 30 Pint Dehumidifier take care of it. It’s almost noise free, and you can’t even notice its operation until you know where it is. It keeps the sound level under 48 decibels, which is impressive.
The last but not the least, it has got a smart feature of restarting with last dehumidifying settings once it falls in power outage. That means that you don’t have to reset and set the controls up once again if there is a sudden storm or so. As the power comes in, it reverts back to the previous settings.
Summary line? You can count on this best dehumidifier for sealed grow room in terms of moisture removal, dehumidifier energy star rating and noise deduction etc.
- Can remove 30-pint of moisture from a small grow room.
- Creates a comfortable environment for the plants.
- Energy star rated, quite cost-effective.
- Runs under 48 dehumidifier db rating.
- Restarts with previous settings restored.
- Available in 50 and 70-pint as well.
- Not the best control system for noob users.
4. Ivation GDM30- Best Dehumidifier Under $100
- Thermo-electric Peltier module Technology: Medium in Size,...
- Collection capacity: approximately 16 fl. oz. per day at...
- Very Quiet Operation Due to No Moving Parts ( a lot quieter...
- Compact and lightweight, making it easy to transfer from...
- Dimensions: 8.6” x 6.3” x 11.8” (220 x 160 x 300 mm)...
The first and probably the best-selling point of this Ivation GDM30 is it’s Peltier Technology. What it does is it keeps the noise level so low that you can’t even hear any of the moving parts of it. If you don’t want your grow tent to be an ultimate source of sound irritation, this one should be your go-to choose of a dehumidifier.
The design of this mini dehumidifier for grow tent is a state-of-the-art level, where they’ve managed to keep it compact, small, lightweight and yet, effective in action. Because of the technology used inside, the power-efficiency is also impressive.
Next question? Well, it’s certainly about the amount of area that this can cover. As long as we’re concerned, this one can cover a space of up to 2200 cubic feet, which is ideal for mid to large sized grow tents. In case you want to make other uses of it, you can assign this up to dehumidifying your bathroom, small bedroom, basement, etc.
Now, let’s talk about the power consumption and the power-efficiency of this model. As per the specs chart, the peak power that it intakes is 70W, which makes it quite power efficient. Over regular use, the electricity bill won’t see a spike.
In terms of dehumidifying capacity, dehumidifier design, compactness, portability, and power-effectiveness, it’s almost impossible to find another dehumidifier under 100 that surpasses this one.
- Can take of 16oz of moist in 24 hours.
- Comes with a 53 ounces water tank.
- A perfect dehumidifier for tents of 2200 cubic feet (up to).
- Silent operation through Peltier Technology.
- Safe and automatic switch-off feature.
- LED indicator while the tank is full.
- Doesn’t have any compressor.
- Weighs 4.4 pounds only.
- The timer function is expected to be improved.
Top 4 Best Dehumidifier for Grow Tent
1. Pro Breeze 2200 Cubic Feet : Best Dehumidifier within Budget
- SMALL & COMPACT - Lightweight, Compact and Portable Ð...
- AUTO SHUT OFF: When full the dehumidifier will automatically...
- ULTRA-QUIET & EFFICIENT: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling...
- REMOVES 18 OUNCES PER DAY: Optimal function in room sizes up...
- LOWERS HUMIDITY: Perfect for high humidity in your home,...
The winner model of the best dehumidifiers for grow tent list is, undoubtedly, the Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier. You might wonder, what gives us that kind of confidence? Well, we were totally neutral while reviewing this pick, and what we found was mesmerizing.
Have a look below-
It’s good with moisture containment removal, and the other important specs are quite standing out. We’ll have an insider look below and them come up with a decision-
Before anything else, we would like you to acknowledge the best feature of this product. And that is its ability to remove 18oz in a 24 hours’ time span. It’s quite extraordinary for a small-sized model like this, and even some of the most popular models cannot get it up to 16oz/24 hours. So, make a note on it and analyze this feature when you’re honing up your purchase decision.
Why use a dehumidifier if it leads you into a frequent job of emptying up the tank? Well, you don’t have to as long as you’ve got this model in hand. The water tank that you can see in the picture, is of a size of 52oz. You might wonder if it’s 4oz smaller in size than the previously discussed product from Ivation. But in practice, this much deviation doesn’t affect actually.
Remember that we had a little point of complaint about the timer and automation features of the previous product? Well, guess what, this one from Pro Breeze overcomes it right away. There is an auto shut off feature and an LED will keep showing you that the water tank is full. So, you can get in immediate action and empty the reservoir up. From these viewpoints, we’ve labeled it as one of the best safe dehumidifiers for grow tents.
Like any other good quality small dehumidifiers, this one also is quite noise-free. There is a Peltier technology, which is responsible to keep the operation smooth and less noisy.
Let’s get to the summary line over here. Well, this one has got better moisture removing capacity, but the tank size is a smaller one than what we expect from the best dehumidifier for cannabis grow tent. So, if you get to use it, you need to empty up the water tank more frequently than others. But as long as you devote yourself to other sorts of maintenance task of your garden, that doesn’t seem to be a major problem. What do you think?
You may try another model of Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier for 1200 Cubic Feet (150 sq ft).
- 18 ounces of moisture removal in 24 hours.
- Ideal for any tent of 250 square feet of area.
- Built-in thermo-electric cooling technology.
- Works at the optimal temperature of 59-86F.
- Comes with a reservoir tank of 52 ounces.
- Quite budget friendly.
- Compact in design.
- Doesn’t operate well below 41F temperature.
- The water reservoir is not the largest for this size of models.
2. Eva-dry Edv-1100: Best Dehumidifier for 4×4 Grow Tent
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the...
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more...
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION - The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 has a...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – It is made from high quality and...
- PLUG AND PLAY SETUP - This couldn’t be easier to use....
The third and the last pick for a dehumidifier for grow tent is called the Eva-dry Edv-1100. It had been quite an old release and had been there in the market for over 4 years now. But still today, it’s recognized as one of the best picks within a small budget.
For you, here go the details of its features-
First things first, it’s durability that stands out this model. It’s made of high-quality materials, which prevents any kind of damage or wearing out to the body. On top of that, the renewable reservoir that comes with this model is also a durable one. So, you can make use of it for years and years.
The area that this model is the best dehumidifier for 1100 cubic feet within budget. So, grow tent like 4×4, 6×6, etc are quite some compatible models with this dehumidifier. In case you want it to use in your room, you can fit this one under the table or desk, and it will serve you right away.
Let’s shift our radar on the noise level that it produces. Well, we’ve seen models that run under 48 dB in this list. In that sense, the noise level that this model runs with is 53.2 dB, which is a bit high. Although, when the product was released, this score was pretty good. But in today’s this is not the most silent product you can find around. However, that being said, if your grow tent is properly sealed, that should overcome the extra decibels that this one produces.
- Durable and stylish body design.
- A perfect pick for grow tent up to 1100 cubic feet.
- Uses 23W of electric power.
- Based on whisper technology.
- Easy to operate, plug & play setup and Auto Shut-off.
- One of the best dehumidifiers for 4×4 grow tent.
- Produces quite some noise comparing to the best picks of the industry.
- Not that much energy-efficient.
3. Eva-dry E-500: Best Dehumidifier for 2×2 Grow Tent
- Environmentally Safe
- No Messy Spills or Refills to buy EVER!
- 10 year life span!
- Brand NEW design
- Completely silent when operating
If you want not to cost a fortune, and still would like to get a good quality dehumidifier for your small grow setup, this Eva-dry E-500 would be the right choice for you.
Eventually, this model stands out to be our best mini dehumidifier pick, and we’ll tell you why.
First of all, Eva-dry E-500 uses a renewable silica gel technology that requires no power or battery system. With that being said, it can cover up an area of up to 500 cubic feet, and that’s just what we need in case of small grow tents.
The silica gel absorbs the moisture contains, and once it’s saturated, there is an indicator window to show that up. Once you see it to change from orange to green, all you have to do is to replace the silica gel right away.
In terms of quality, it’s good. And in terms of price, it’s even better. If you want to have a passive dehumidifying system under budget, this one is what we would recommend.
- Non-toxic, silica gel-based method.
- Can cover an area of 500 cubic feet.
- No battery-powered dehumidifying system.
- Indicator window once it’s saturated.
- Quite budget-friendly.
- An assistant to the natural dehumidification.
- Needed to be wall-hung.
4. hOmeLabs FBA_HME020018N- with Auto Shut-Off
- PERFECT MINI DEHUMIDIFIER - Small and compact dehumidifier...
- QUIET SAFE and ENERGY EFFICIENT - Features low noise...
- AUTO SHUT OFF FUNCTION - Quiet dehumidifier shuts off...
- REMOVES MOISTURE from ROOMS up to 150 SQ FT - Best for...
- THERMOELECTRIC and PORTABLE - Handy lightweight home...
If you don’t want to go for silica-based passive dehumidifying systems, and you are limited within a very tight budget, then we have some good news over here. Presenting the best dehumidifier within budget – the hOmeLabs FBA_HME020018N.
They call this product a mini dehumidifier and we couldn’t agree any more. It has got all the essential feature that a regular best grow tent dehumidifier should have, and the price point is quite low.
This model of dehumidifier has got the ability to take off 9 ounces of moisture contamination in a day, and what’s what we need in case of a mini grow tent. It has a 16-ounce water reservoir. So, the math says that you have to replace the water reservoir by emptying it up once every couple of days.
The area that it can cover is 150 SQ FT, and that’s quite sufficient. So, you can deal with 3×3, 4×4, 4×6, 5×5, 5×6, 8×8 and even 10×10 sized grow tents.
To make sure that it doesn’t overwhelm the small water container that is has, there is an auto shut off function with LED indicator. Right after the LED indicator shows up, it tells you re empty up the water tank.
Apart from the moisture, this budget-friendly model also keeps the dust, dust mites, mold, and mildew away. It’s portable, it’s compact and it has got everything that you need from a budget-friendly dehumidifier.
- A perfect fit for spaces up to 150 sq ft.
- Can take off 9 ounces of moisture in a day.
- Removes mold, mildew and dust particles as well.
- Auto shut off feature with LED indicator.
- Portable and compact in size.
- Quite budget-friendly in terms of price.
- Not the best suit for large grow rooms or tents.
Best Grow Box Dehumidifier
Dry-Packs 750 Gram Silica Gel Canister Dehumidifier
- 750gm dehumidifier - no electric needed and Indicating...
- Lid Contains Orange Moisture Indicating Silica Gel For A...
- Protect guns, ammo, sporting goods, electronics, safes, rvs,...
- Tool boxes, safes, gun cabinets, laptop bags, closets,...
- Easy to reactivate for years of use
It’s not right that each and every grower out there grows in a large grow room or a grow tent. Sometimes, it’s not essential to grow in bulk amount and occupy a full form space. Instead, growing inside a small grow box sounds better.
And at this point of the best dehumidifier for grow room review, we’ve picked up a dehumidifying solution that suits grow boxes.
The name is Dry-Packs 750 Gram Silica Gel, which is a Silica Canister type dehumidifier product. From the outlook, it looks quite like a carbon filter, and that makes it quite permeable to the air around.
As it has got a 750g containment of silica gel inside, it’s enough to keep your grow box dry and clean. The silica inside this device is distributed evenly so that they can dehumidify your grow box air quite uniformly.
Once this gel is saturated with moisture, and it’s needed to be replaced with a new version, there is a clear indicator for that. You will see the orange moisture and that’s when you have to replace with a new one.
Apart from growing boxes, you can apply this model in tool boxes, gun cabinets, safes, laptop bags, closets shoe boxes, etc. It will serve you right away, anywhere.
- Contains 750g of ultra-effective silica gel.
- Free from cobalt and chloride.
- Orange moisture indicator for replacement.
- Evenly distributed for better absorption.
- The best choice of dehumidifier for grow boxes.
- Eats up quite some space in the grow box.
Done with checking the products out? Here are some dehumidification basics for first time users-
What is a Dehumidifier?
Simply put- dehumidifier is an electric or non-electric system that takes off the moisture content from a humid air. It works usually within a confined area like grow rooms, grow tents, basements, bedrooms, bathroom, show boxes and many more. The benefits of a dehumidifier are therefore, an essential aspect of any sealed system.
The technology that is used in dehumidifier collects moisture content from the air and converts them into plain water. Therefore, these devices come with a water reservoir, which should be replaced after a regular period of time.
Types of Grow Dehumidifier
The classification of grow dehumidifier can be done from two points of view. The first one is based on the area that you’re able to work on, and the second one is the dehumidifying technology that it’s up to.
Here is the first perspective-
- Dehumidifier for grow room: They are with high dehumidifying capacity, and the power consumption is also more than other types. They are bulky in size, but a number of portable models are in there.
- Dehumidifiers for grow tent: These are quite smaller and lighter compared to the first type. They use almost the same technology but to a smaller degree. Therefore, they can cover up spaces of up to 300-500 square feet.
- Dehumidifier for grow boxes: They’re quite small, mostly non-electric type. They don’t require electric power and that’s sufficient to cover up small grow boxes, shoe boxes, cabinets, etc.
In the second kind of classification, here you go-
- Electric Dehumidifier: These are based on an electric formula to attain water contaminants from humid air. They run off 115V usually, and they can take out around 10-16 ounces of moisture in a day. For getting most out of this type of models, you’ve to know how to use a dehumidifier of such sort.
- Non-electric Dehumidifier: These are rather passive dehumidifying systems that use silica gel layers to absorb water contaminants from the air. Induce a passive airflow with these models.
Hopefully, you’ve been going through all 11 of the best dehumidifiers for grow systems and made your shortlist already. But putting the right dehumidifier in a grow room will take further trimming down of the list.
To hone up even more, here is an extensive buyer’s guide for you-
The Rate of Dehumidifying
Of course, dehumidifier capacity calculation is the first thing to look up in a dehumidifier device. Most of the large-scale dehumidifiers can take up to 18-20oz of water containment in a day. In the case of smaller units, 8-12oz of moisture removal is expected. However, with increased dehumidifying ability, the power consumption raises up. And you’ve to keep yourself acknowledged about how often should you use a dehumidifier.
You don’t want your dehumidifier to stuck in one stationary place, do you? Therefore, make sure that it’s got enough portability. Usually, there are top handles, rear handles, side handles, castors, etc. to make them portable.
The Area Coverage
Usually, each of the models come up with a fixed label of how much area it can cover. Therefore, you should have an estimation of what area size you are dealing with, and pick up the right model accordingly. Also, you’ve to ensure the best place to put dehumidifier in grow room if you want to maximize its output.
The Air Purifying Ability
Nowadays, there are many models that provide you with an air-purifying service along with dehumidifying. They use to remove allergens, dust, dust mites, mold, mildew buildups, and other similar pollutants. In case you can grab one that can serve you in both ways, using a dehumidifier in a grow room will turn into a jackpot. Also, make sure to use essential dehumidifier accessories if needed.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q1: What is the best dehumidifier for a grow room?
Based on what size of the room you are growing in, you have to choose the best dehumidifier based on the capacity, number of plants, pint/24 hours, energy rating, etc. We’ve got a number of best grow room dehumidifier above.
Q2: What kind of dehumidifiers do I need for a grow room?
There are three size variations of dehumidifiers and two different techniques (electric and non-electric). Choose the right size and technology based on your grow system spec.
Q3: How can I raise the humidity in my grow room?
There are several ways like using a humidifier, using open water source, cooling down the room, etc. But make sure that you don’t raise it over the essential level.
Q4: How can I put moisture in the air without a humidifier?
You can use a number of water and humidity sources in the room that don’t require a humidifier system. It can be through putting water sources, air conditioner, ventilating fan controller, etc.
Alright, so that’s the end of this long article on best dehumidifier for grow tent and grow room. Hopefully, the list had been resourceful, and you’ve picked up the right one within your budget.